Not so long ago, Bluetooth headsets used to be a complete flex. We only saw a separate group of people who used to rock this device about 10 years back. But, as time passed, a lot of better alternatives to Bluetooth headsets started showing up in the market. And these alternatives caused people to ditch Bluetooth headsets. One alternative to Bluetooth headphones is wireless earbuds. But, a lot of people who use a hands-free wireless headset solely for calling, and not for listening to music still seem to prefer Bluetooth headsets over their fancy and improved versions. This is mainly because they are usually pretty lightweight, affordable and less complicated.
Today, if you go out in the market looking for Bluetooth headsets, you will be left l overwhelmed by how many there are available. And among all the clutter, only several Bluetooth headsets pass the minimum usability test, so it becomes pretty hard for an average user to get a usable piece. Keeping this in mind, we have created a list of the 5 best Bluetooth headsets that you can find right now. Along with the names of the Bluetooth headsets, we have also reviewed them and listed their pros and cons so you can pick the one that suits you best.
With that said, here is everything you should look for in a Bluetooth headset when you are in the market for buying one.
- Call quality: Primarily, you would be buying a Bluetooth headset for calls. So, the first thing you should be looking for in a Bluetooth headset is its call quality.
- Battery: Battery should be a major concern for you if you plan on using your Bluetooth headsets for lengthy calls, or other high output work. What happens is that sometimes people do not focus on the battery size until they start using their Bluetooth headsets and realize that they are running out of battery fast. Small-sized batteries can come in the way of your important calls, so make sure that you keep the battery size into consideration when buying a Bluetooth headset.
- Noise-cancelling Bluetooth headsets: Noise cancellation is one of those features that one would not truly appreciate unless they have tried it. So, even if you feel like you do not need noise-cancelling Bluetooth headsets, we would suggest that you get them. The main reason for this is that noise cancellation just takes your calling experience to a whole new level. And, you simply can't have that in a Bluetooth headset that does not have noise cancellation.
- Comfort and cushioning: Some Bluetooth headsets have great call quality, battery, and noise cancellation. But, you just can't wear those headsets for long periods without your ear itching, and your head hurting. This is because those Bluetooth headsets have terrible comfort levels. So, if you wish to wear your Bluetooth headsets for long hours, make sure that the Bluetooth headset that you are getting is comfortable. Obviously, you can't wear Bluetooth headsets before buying when you are shopping online. So, I guess you will have to take our word for it. We have mentioned the pros and cons of each Bluetooth headset if it is comfortable and suitable for wearing for long hours. So, you get an idea about the comfortability of that specific headset.
- Range: Keeping the range of Bluetooth headsets in mind is very important if you plan on taking your headsets away from the connected device a lot. But, the problem with headsets having large ranges is that they are expensive and also bigger as compared to headsets with normal ranges. Most Bluetooth headsets work perfectly fine in 25-30 feet. This range should be enough for most people.
Best Bluetooth Headsets Reviews
Here are 5 Bluetooth headsets you can get right now.
Plantronics - Voyager 5200 (Poly) - Bluetooth Over-the-Ear is one of the best noise-cancelling Bluetooth headsets you can get right now. Its noise-cancelling technology would get you through loud bus stops, road noise without hearing a sound. The design of this headset is really great, too. It is a single ear headset that would not feel heavy on your ear, and you can wear it all day.
Not only this, the audio performance of Plantronics - Voyager 5200 (Poly) - Bluetooth Over-the-Ear is top-notch, too. And you will probably have no issues receiving or making any calls. The range of this headset will not disappoint you as well. You can move away from your device 98 feet and it would still work.
As far as the battery time is concerned, you can use it for up to 7 hours without any hiccups. You can get a portable charging case with it. It would provide you with 14 hours of power if you are a power user. In short, the Plantronics - Voyager 5200 (Poly) - Bluetooth Over-the-Ear headset is ideal for people who walk around a lot and call on the go.
- Noise cancellation.
- Great audio quality.
- Weighs only 1 ounce.
- Decent battery life.
- You can get an optional portable power bank.
- Fantastic range.
- You would be able to walk around without any disturbance or noise.
- The call quality is amazing
- Lightweight, so will not feel heavy on the ear.
- Battery life is good.
- The device range is up to 98 feet.
TECKNET Bluetooth Trucker Headset with Microphone is one of the highest-rated Bluetooth headsets on Amazon. This is because of its set of features and reliability. Coming to its design, it is a single-ear Bluetooth headset with a microphone on its other hand. There is AI noise cancellation present in the headset. It cancels any background noise that is there in your surroundings. And only transmit your voice to the person you are talking to. You can adjust the earpiece according to the ear you want to wear it in. Similarly, the microphone is adjustable too.
With a single charge, you can run TECKNET Bluetooth Trucker Headset with Microphone for almost two days. Battery timing like this would even impress a power user. You can wear this headset for long hours without any trouble. Its cushioning is good. One more thing, you can't connect only your devices to it using Bluetooth. But, it also supports devices that don't have Bluetooth in them. You can connect devices without Bluetooth to TECKNET Bluetooth Trucker Headset with Microphone using a USB cable.
All in all, this is a really capable headset that could be recommended to anyone who stays on calls for long hours.
- Noise cancellation.
- AI noise cancellation.
- Insanely long battery life.
- Great audio quality.
- Can be connected to devices without Bluetooth.
- You can use it in loud places.
- The person you are talking to will hear your voice clearly.
- You would be able to use it for almost 2 days on a single charge.
- You can connect it to devices that do not have Bluetooth.
- You can hear it for long hours without hurting your ears.
- Some users have reported durability issues.
SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Gaming Headsets as suggested by their name are dedicated to gamers. You can connect these headphones to Xbox and Bluetooth simultaneously. In this way, you can do both gaming and receive calls seamlessly.
The microphone of SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Gaming Headset uses noise cancellation that makes your voice sound crystal clear to the person you are speaking to. The battery timing of this Bluetooth headset is great, too. You can get 20 hours of usage from a single charge, which is more than enough for a gamer.
As far as comfort is concerned, SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Gaming Headset uses cushioning which keeps your ears from itching even if you use the headset for long periods.
- Noise cancellation.
- Long battery timing.
- Clear microphone.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- Xbox wireless connectivity.
- You will not hear any external noises.
- You can use it for long periods.
- The voice it transmits is crystal clear.
- Comfortable cushioning.
- Xbox wireless connectivity.
- Some people have reported compatibility issues.
Looking for a lightweight yet capable Bluetooth headset for gaming? HyperX Cloud Stinger Core - Wireless Gaming Headset is made for you. It weighs in at only 1.15 pounds which is quiet considering that it is a wireless gaming headset.
HyperX has fitted great cushioning in the ear cups of this headset so they are super comfortable. And you can wear them for hours without feeling tired. The noise-cancelling microphone of HyperX Cloud Stinger Core - Wireless Gaming sends a clear voice to the other side and cancels any background noise. The battery that this headset uses is decent and you can play games on this headset for quite a while.
The headset is adjustable and does not break easily thanks to its durable metal and plastic body.
- Noise-cancelling microphone.
- Decent battery.
- You can adjust these headsets to your liking.
- It has a noise-cancelling microphone.
- Comfortable body.
- Decent enough battery.
- Good audio quality.
- Microphone issues have been reported by some users.
Bluetooth Headphones with Microphone, YAMAY is a two earpiece headphone that has all the essential features. First of all, the audio quality of these headphones is pretty good. It produces HD sound quality. Its microphone is noise-cancelling and cancels all the unnecessary surrounding noises. Bluetooth Headphones with Microphone, YAMAY uses Bluetooth 5.0 so you can expect great connectivity.
On top of all this, you can connect it to multiple devices at the same time, like, if you have a tablet and a laptop. You can connect both of these devices at the same time to Bluetooth Headphones with Microphone, YAMAY. The headband and ear cups of this headset are really comfortable making it easy for you to use the headset for long hours without any trouble.
And all of these features are powered by a huge battery that runs for 15 hours on a 2-hour full charge so you can get all your work done without ever worrying about running out of battery.
- Great sound quality.
- Noise-cancelling microphone.
- Long battery timing.
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Multiple devices supported.
- HD sound quality.
- Your voice will be clear.
- You can use it for 15 hours.
- You can connect multiple devices.
- Can be worn for long periods.
- Stable connection.
Buying Guide for the Best Bluetooth Headsets
Now that you have read reviews of the 5 best Bluetooth headsets. You are ready to make a decision. And, we are going to help you in making your decision with a buying guide. The buying guide below will educate you about the things that you should be looking for when buying a Bluetooth headset.
Audio quality on-call is definitely the first thing you should be concerned about when buying a Bluetooth headset. You would be primarily getting a Bluetooth headset for making and receiving calls, and if it sucks at doing that, then there is no point in getting one in the first place. So, always check the call quality of a Bluetooth headset before you go on and buy it.
If the speaker or the mic of your Bluetooth headset is not perfectly functional. Your whole experience will turn into a nightmare. You would not be able to hear your calls properly if the speaker is muddy or weak. And, in the same way, if there is any problem with the microphone, you would sound terrible to the person you are on call with. To avoid all of this, always keep call quality on the top of your mind when you are getting a Bluetooth headset.
Noise cancellation in Bluetooth headsets is essential. It lets you make and receive calls in crowded places. And, if you are someone who receives calls on the go. Then, you would be needing noise-cancelling headsets. So, check the noise-cancelling results of a Bluetooth headset before you make a purchase. Also, some headsets have noise-cancelling microphones. What these microphones do is that they cancel all the background noises in your surroundings. And only transmit your voice to the person you are on call with.
Also, you should know that there are two types of noise cancellations. Active noise cancellation and passive noise. Active noise cancellation is mightier and cancels more noise. But some people are fine with Bluetooth headsets with just passive noise cancellation. It is totally up to you depending upon how much noise cancellation you are okay with.
If you are a power user who is going to stay on calls all the time. And will not be having much time to charge your Bluetooth headset. Then, battery timing should be on the top of your priority list. Most importantly, get a Bluetooth headset that gives a long battery backup. One of the Bluetooth headsets we reviewed above gives a battery backup of almost 2 days. Getting a Bluetooth headset with such long hours of battery backup will never let you down.
Comfort should matter for you as headsets that have uncomfortable headbands and headpieces are a total nightmare to wear for long hours. And if you are planning to wear your headsets for hours, comfort is something you should not compromise on. When you are getting a Bluetooth headset from our list. See if we have added comfort to its pros, and mentioned explicitly that the headsets are perfect for wearing for long hours. And, then buy it because we really do not want you to get a headset that is a nightmare to wear.
Obviously, at the end of the day, you will have to take our word for it. Comfort is something that can vary from person to person. We might find something comfortable to wear, but there is a chance that you might find that same thing uncomfortable.
What we can suggest is that if you want to buy Bluetooth headsets purely for calls, and you plan on wearing them outdoors. Then, single-ear Bluetooth headsets can be best for you. They are super lightweight and do not add any weight to your ear. You can wear them for long hours without even knowing that you are wearing them. If you want to wear Bluetooth headsets indoors, then a pair with good cushioning can prove to be comfortable.
Most Bluetooth headsets offer a decent range of 25-30 feet, which should be enough for most people. However, if you wish to stay too far away from the device you are connected with. Buying a Bluetooth headset with a large range can make it possible.
Also, as I said, Bluetooth headsets with larger antennas are bigger in size and a little heavier so you will also have to compromise on comfort for the sake of getting extra range. In my opinion, there is no need to get greedy for a large range as you would not probably even need it. However, make sure that the headset you are buying has a minimum of 30 feet range.
So, think twice before you decide to get a Bluetooth headset with more than normal range because that extra you would pay for a better range would be no good if you do not actually need it.
We have made a list of our 5 best picks for the best Bluetooth headsets after taking into account the different features of these headsets. You can use this list to get the absolute perfect Bluetooth headset for yourself. Or if you do not want to buy from our list. You can buy one from somewhere else using our buying guide.
Also, we have made things easier for people who have a hard time choosing products and decided to list our picks in different categories. In this way, people with a dilemma would be able to pick the best Bluetooth headset for calling without doing any in-depth research. Here are our best picks for the categories that we have created.
- Best Overall Bluetooth headset: Our choice for the best Bluetooth headset is TECKNET Bluetooth Trucker Headset with Microphone.
- Best Budget-Friendly Bluetooth headset: In our opinion, Bluetooth Headphones with Microphone, YAMAY is the best soundbar for people on a budget.
- Best Editor's Choice Bluetooth headset: Our editors love SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Gaming Headset the most, and decided to give it the title of best editor's choice.