Looking to have that cinema experience at your home? If yes, then you have landed at the right place. In this article, I have compiled a list of the 5 best soundbars that you can buy online and reviewed each of them so you can cherry-pick the one that suits perfectly for your TV. Not only this, but I have also shared all the things that you should keep in mind when buying a soundbar so even a newbie who is clueless about soundbars can end up making the right decision for themselves.
So without further ado, let us look at all the features you should be looking for when in the market searching for a new soundbar for your TV.
- Sound quality: If you wish to up your Netflix game and flex your soundbar in front of your friends when you invite them over for a movie night. Then, sound quality should be at the top of your priorities list. Since a soundbar with terrible or mediocre sound quality would not get you that pumped while watching a movie, and if that is the case. No matter how good it looks, or how durable it is. But, if it does not produce good quality sound, then, there is a high chance that your experience would be ruined in terms of listening.
- Wireless or not: If you or the people who come to your house on a movie night have been tangling and tripping in soundbar wires in the past. Then, I would surely recommend you to get a wireless soundbar this time. A wireless soundbar has no wires attached to it and is connected via Bluetooth to your TV.
- Size of the soundbar: Keep in mind that those gigantic soundbars that you see in the technology section in Walmart are not for everyone. Many people can do perfectly with regular-sized soundbars especially if they do not have enough space around their TV screens. So before you purchase any soundbar, make sure that you have enough space to install the soundbar.
- Ports: When inexperienced people go out looking for soundbars in the market, especially online. They completely ignore the ports situation of the soundbars and end up buying a soundbar that does not have the port compatible with their TV or any other device. And, now they are stuck with a soundbar, which is completely useless for them. Please do not make this mistake when you are buying a soundbar for yourself. Inspect all of its ports. Check if its HDMI version will work for your TV and if you need any other port. Do check if the soundbar has it before making the purchase.
- Soundbars powered by voice assistants: If you want your soundbar to do a little more than just regular stuff. And go one step further. Then, voice assistants powered soundbars are for you. You can control these soundbars using Amazon Alexa and Google assistant. So, if you are already familiar with these voice assistants, and already use smart speakers that are powered by Alexa or Google assistant. I guess these high-end soundbars will get you going then.
[Top 5] Best Soundbars Reviews
In this segment, you can read reviews of the soundbars that I found the best, and choose the one that suits you best.
JBL has made quite a mark on the speaker world. And is now known as one of the best brands you can go to for enhancing your listening experience.
Now that I am done praising JBL, let us look at what JBL SB110 by Harman Powerful Wireless Soundbar has to offer. The first highlight of this soundbar is that it is wireless. So right off the bat, you will get rid of all the tangling wires when you will get this soundbar. You can connect it using Bluetooth. Well, the JBL SB110 by Harman Powerful Wireless Soundbar but has a couple of other tricks up its sleeves, too. Like, if you want to connect it using a wire. You can do that without creating any clutter as it can be connected with a single HDMI arc cable. This soundbar is made to be mounted on a wall, so when you are buying it, keep this in mind.
There is also a built-in subwoofer present in the soundbar which will surely add some extra base. On top of that, there is a built-in microphone present, too. The power output of JBL SB110 by Harman Powerful Wireless Soundbar is 1100 W. However, despite being wireless, and having a couple of other cool features. Some people are not a fan of its sound quality, and if you also prefer sound quality over all of these features. Then, there are other options available for you on the list.
- Remote control.
- 1100 W power output.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- HDMI arc cable connectivity.
- Built-in subwoofer.
- Dolby digital audio.
- Built-in microphone.
- Wireless connectivity.
- No clutter of wires thanks to HDMI arc cable.
- No need for an external microphone.
- Supports Dolby digital audio.
- Extra bass.
- Seamless Bluetooth connectivity.
- Not the nicest sounding soundbar.
You would have probably got an idea by now that Sonos Arc - The Premium Smart Soundbar is a smart soundbar that can be controlled by Amazon Alexa. You can play music, ask questions, and even set alarms through Amazon Alexa which is pretty fantastic. But, keep in mind that it can be controlled by Amazon Alexa only, and not any other voice assistant.
Apart from voice assistance, Sonos Arc - The Premium Smart Soundbar has a lot of features, too. Like Dolby Atmos 3D sound, further connectivity. You can also record videos in Sonos Arc - The Premium Smart Soundbar in HD sound. However, video recording features may vary from TV to TV.
The overall sound quality of Sonos Arc - The Premium Smart Soundbar is pretty great, and the soundbar is a great addition to have in your home for streaming. As far as the wireless connectivity of the soundbar is concerned, the process is really seamless with no hiccups. You can connect it using your phone. However, one complaint people have with Sonos Arc - The Premium Smart Soundbar is that it is too reliant on your TV. Like, its recording feature, as well as a voice assistant feature both depend on the TV you have connected the soundbar with.
- Remote control.
- Dolby Atmos 3D sound system.
- Amazon Alexa voice assistant.
- Wireless connectivity.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- Full HD video recording.
- Can be further connected for enhancing sounds.
- You can control it through voice commands.
- Seamless connectivity from Bluetooth.
- Wireless so you do not have to deal with any wires.
- You can record videos at (1920x1080).
- You can connect it to Sub and a pair of One SL rears wirelessly for a more immersive experience.
- A lot of features of this soundbar depend on the TV you are pairing the device with.
Bose has made its name among premium speaker brands over the years. And Bose TV Speaker- Small Soundbar with Bluetooth carries the premium grace of bose. It is a small-sized soundbar that enhances your overall TV watching experience. The total height of this soundbar is only around 2 feet. There are also LED lights present on the soundbar for improving the aesthetics. These lights also change colors.
As far as the sound of Bose TV Speaker- Small Soundbar with Bluetooth speaker is concerned. The soundbar sounds natural and produces 2 angled spatial audio, which is really good if you like an immersive listening experience. Bose has designed this soundbar to add clarity to the voice. So, you can hear whatever you are watching with absolutely no trouble. The connectivity process of Bose TV Speaker- Small Soundbar with Bluetooth speaker is really easy. You just have to have a single connection from the speaker to the TV and you are done. This connection can be made through an optical audio cable or an HDMI cable.
You can control the bass and volume of the soundbar from a remote control. Just remember that this soundbar is not made for music, or any other bass-related or loud stuff. The purpose of Bose TV Speaker- Small Soundbar with Bluetooth is to give clarity to the sound of your TV so you can have a better experience while watching your favorite movie or TV show.
- Remote control.
- Small size.
- Sound clarity.
- Easy connectivity.
- LED lights.
- You can control bass and other stuff from a remote control.
- Does not take much space.
- Produces clear sound.
- Easy to connect to a TV.
- LED lights make the surroundings better.
- Affordable price.
Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar is super good if you are looking to up your TV streaming experience by a mile. Its 5 full-range drivers produce a sound that is both clear and loud enough. So it is not light on the ears by any means.
It is great for anyone trying to get a home theater experience on a budget. On top of that, Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar is compact in size and just 2 feet tall making it fit under tight spaces beneath your TV easily. You can also listen to music on this soundbar from any music streaming platform wirelessly. As far as the connectivity is concerned. It is not easiest to connect but you still can get it up and running in a matter of minutes using the HDMI and optical audio cables that come with it.
Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar also comes with a wireless subwoofer so you do not miss out on bass. Connectivity can be an issue for some but most people should be fine with it as it is a one-time process.
- Remote control.
- Good sound quality.
- Compact size.
- Wireless music streaming.
- Affordable price.
- You can control it using a remote control.
- It comes with a subwoofer which adds extra bass.
- The sound quality is great.
- The soundbar is compact in size.
- It lets you stream music wirelessly from any music app.
- Comes at an affordable price.
- Not the most reliable connectivity. They could do better in this department.
Samsung HW-T650 3.1Ch Soundbar with 3D Surround Sound is the perfect soundbar for you if you are looking for immersive sound. Its 3D surround sound system makes you feel like you are in a movie theatre at home. There is also a dedicated center channel speaker present to provide clarity to sound so you do not miss a word.
The most amazing part of this soundbar is that you can connect multiple devices from it using Bluetooth. In this way, you will also not have to worry about HDMI cables too. Speaking of wireless, there is a wireless subwoofer present with SAMSUNG HW-T650 3.1Ch Soundbar with 3D Surround Sound, too which lets you enjoy rich bass without any compromise.
This soundbar can be completely controlled with the help of remote control. You can control its volume, bass, power, and other functions remotely.
- Remote control.
- Wireless subwoofer.
- Center channel speaker.
- Multiple connectivities.
- Immersive sound.
- You can control all of its functions through remote control.
- Produces rich bass thanks to the subwoofer.
- The Center channel speaker adds clarity to sound.
- You can connect it to multiple devices using Bluetooth.
- Immersive sound.
Buying guide for the best soundbars
Now that we have looked at some of the best soundbars that you can get right now. Let us look at all the aspects you should be looking for when buying a soundbar so you do not end up making a bad decision.
Bluetooth or no Bluetooth
As you went through the reviews of the above soundbars, you must have noticed that some soundbars had Bluetooth. You can use Bluetooth to connect to devices without going through the hassle of wires. This might be a plus for almost everyone. But, some old-school people would prefer to deal with the hassle of wires then connect Bluetooth. However, what I would suggest is that no matter how old school you are, but I think it is about time you start ditching wires. And move to Bluetooth. This technology is far superior to your wires. Wires can break at any time, create clutter, collect dirt, and most importantly can make kids in your house trip and fall. So it would be better if you get a soundbar that comes with Bluetooth.
Bass is a personal preference. But, I think it is essential for people who wish to listen to music to know that they should get a soundbar which comes with a subwoofer. A wireless subwoofer to be precise. Music listeners love bass in their speakers unless they only listen to jazz music. Well, jazz sounds good with bass, too. I thought it was important to address this because if a music lover ends up buying a soundbar without a subwoofer and no bass. It would be a total nightmare for him. And he would not be able to enjoy the bass in the music that they listen to.
Although, most of the soundbars in the market are now remote-controlled. However, some manufacturers are still reluctant to give a remote control with their soundbar, which is pretty backward. If you are getting a soundbar in 2021, it should surely be remote-controlled. No one has the time or energy to walk up to their TV every time they want to turn up the volume during a movie.
Wireless or not
You should be aiming for a wireless soundbar as to avoid the clutter of wires and increased portability.
One more advantage of going wireless is that there are no wires involved anymore. It becomes much easier to clean your soundbar and move it around without caring about wires.
If you are getting a soundbar just to up your streaming experience and wish to get that theatre experience at the comfort of your home. Then, you should get a soundbar that has 3D immersive sound quality. If you get a soundbar with regular 2D sound, you will miss that theatre experience and would be left dissatisfied.
Size of the soundbar
Many people completely ignore this when they getting a soundbar for their TV. But, you should definitely keep the size of the soundbar in mind. Because if you do not, what happens is that you can end up getting a soundbar that is too big to sit under your TV. And can ultimately block the remote sensor of your TV, which can stop you from controlling it through remote control. This can be a serious turn-off since most people are used to controlling their TVs from a remote control. So, the best practice is to measure the size of the space that is present under your TV, and then always compare it to the size of the soundbar you are looking to get. In this way, you will never get a soundbar bigger than the space underneath
Voice assistants powered soundbars
Voice Assistant-powered soundbars are trending. I would still call the feature a gimmick, but it is improving really fast. And could potentially be an essential must-have feature in the feature. And you should be prepared for that. What is best to do now is to get a soundbar that supports voice control even if you do not use it. So, when at some point in the future, the voice assistant technology improves drastically, you would have a soundbar that would support it and you will be able to enjoy its perks.
I have created the list of our 5 best picks for the best soundbars after considering the numerous features and pros and cons of those products. You can either pick from one of our best picks or choose your own favorite from the market by following our buying guide.
After keeping everything in mind. We have decided to make things easier for people who have trouble deciding for their selves and decided to give our best from our best picks. In this way, people with a dilemma would be able to pick the best soundbar for their TVs without looking left and right again and again. So, without further ado, here are our absolute favorite products from the list.
- Best Overall Soundbar: Our choice for the best soundbar is Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar.
- Best Budget-Friendly Soundbar: In our opinion, Bose TV Speaker- Small Soundbar with Bluetooth is the best soundbar for people on a budget.
- Best Editor's Choice: Our editors loved SAMSUNG HW-T650 3.1Ch Soundbar with 3D Surround Sound the most, and decided it give the title of best editor's choice.